Sunday, December 19, 2010

Walking...


Joshua is so very, very proud of himself. He really wants to walk SO badly, it's the darn balance disorder he battles with, but he keeps trying every day. He works so hard.  I really believe this WILL be the lucky walker for him. Another mom, who has a daughter with Angelman Syndrome, gave us this walker. Her daughter, Erinn, learned to walk using it.  I've never seen him take to a piece of equipment like this before. He does somewhat like his gait trainer, BUT the problem with it is that he still leans forward so much of the time in in, and he can sit and coast in it! He also can't just sit down while in it, say on the floor if he goes over to others who are playing, and they sit down, he is still strapped into the gait trainer. With this walker, a Kaye Reverse Walker, he can walk over to something/someone and then decide to sit down, and then get up and go again. 

Joshua also, will NEVER usually hold onto anything! So to see him take to this, and HOLD the handles like he does, is truly amazing. The only things he will normally hold onto, are things that he is bringing to his mouth to chew on, or toys to bang something with! It has to be useful to him. So I'm just beyond amazed! ;-)

He usually PREFERS to only use *me* as his mobility partner.  I will keep updating, I am beyond excited!!!

Love one another!~Yvonne

2 comments:

Tasha said...

That is amazing! I am so happy for him! ANd you too Momma.
I hope this walker is the one!

Our3angels said...

I am so glad he likes his walker,, i'm sure this will really help!