Friday, July 2, 2010

Honey Ginger Smoothie

IMG00196-20100702-1409.jpg

I was given this recipe from a woman today, it's truly yummy, and so refreshing! Thanks to Renata. ;-)

Renata says it's a great recipe for getting things moving, if you know what I mean. Which I have needed help with. I have been having pretty much green smoothies only for 12 days now, and was wondering why things weren't moving the way they should. She suggested that I may be getting too much fiber, not enough water? Could be. Also, that sweet and spicy, help to get the liver producing bile, which helps get things moving. I had no idea! Great information! I will be much more conscious of how much water I'm taking in this week and see if that makes a difference.

1 whole honeydew melon
chunk of fresh ginger, I like a LOT of ginger
2 bananas
some raw honey to sweeten
3 cups of water
ice to chill

Blend it all up and enjoy!

Love one another!! ~Yvonne

No comments: