Monday, March 9, 2009

YUMMY raw candy!

I have made this a few times now. One time I used Sun Butter another time peanut butter and tonight homemade almond butter, it's ALL good. :-)

This is a recipe that I found in Alyssa Cohen's book Living on Live Food, which I highly recommend! She called them Almond Butter Balls, and didn't roll them in the extra nuts, but I like them better my way. :-)

Sun Butter Balls

1/2 cup of sun butter

1/4 cup sunflower seeds (to hold aside)

1/2 cup sunflower seeds

1/2 cup of raisins

1/2 cup of honey or agave

Grind 1/4 cup of sunflower seeds in food processor and set aside in small bowl.

Grind sunflower seeds in food processor until fine and add raisins, add to a bowl with honey and sun butter and mix well.

Roll mixture into balls and then roll into the extra bowl of sunflower seeds to coat.

Put in refrigerator to keep, much better to eat after they are firm!

I also added dates to my last batch! YUMMO! Everyone loved these, Caylee said they were spectacular and tasted like eating raw cookie dough. Who doesn't like that? :-)

No comments: