Thursday, August 11, 2011

The prayer that NEVER fails...

Many of you know of my LOVE for the Mitford series.

During the stressful days of this contest, I have been able to read nothing else. It's a peaceful, sanctuary for me. Tonight, there a bit of stress, behind the scenes stuff that I am not able to go into.

It has made me realize that maybe God has put me in Miford, to steep there, for such a time as this.

Father Tim, the main protagonist, quotes a lot of scripture throughout the books, so I have memorized quite a few pieces, during my extended stay. He is also known to, throughout the series, say to others that all there is to do is "pray the prayer that never fails".

I am in my third reading of the series, over the past three months. Hearing that over and over again...

Tonight when things look bleak and I would normally be very upset, I instead find myself praying "the prayer that never fails".

Wondering what that prayer is?

Here it is, so simple, yet so powerful and at the same a surrender...Lord, YOUR WILL be done.

There isn't anything that I can hope for, that would be better than my God's will for my life.

If you haven't read the Miford series, do. You will be blessed, I can promise you that.

Overheard today: Lots of whining and toilet flushing. Joshua and I both have a stomach bug/headache. Lots of piano playing. Caylee has been playing piano to soothe her brother, he loves to hear her play hymns. My sweet girl has such a tender heart for her brother.

Love one another~ Yvonne

Don't forget to VOTE! Help Save The Angels!

No comments: