Monday, September 29, 2008

Odds and ends...



Caylee and Joshua playing around tonight. Joshua looks so funny with his legs going up and down, sort of like a frog jumping. :-)

Cay and I had co-op today and while she was in her classes, I sat out in the cafeteria and played around with Joshua's new communication device. It has a very large instruction book, plus instructional dvd's, online classes, or local workshops too. Yes, it's that complicated! Ah... Good news is his new speech therapist says she knows how to program them! It will be going to therapy with us tomorrow, and she'll be taking it home with her to work on getting things programmed in that are both fun and functional for Josh. So far he likes to watch You tube videos on it! :-)

I actually made it to the gym to work out tonight!!! HUGE accomplishment for me. I was working out steadily for months, that is until Kevin's back went out and I drove him all over for appointments and therapies and to work and back, plus all the usual of going to Joshua's many therapies, and Caylee's activities. I just didn't have energy then, or the time, and got out of the habit. So, today is a fresh start.

Joshua is getting heavier and I have to get some muscles back or I'm not going to be able to lift him any longer. It's not just his weight, it's his weight combined with his wiggliness. He loves The Wiggles, and he aspires to be a Wiggle, so he never stops wiggling. He must practice, practice, practice! I love that little wiggly boy!

Off to bed for me now, tomorrow is a busy day. Joshua has speech, and physical therapy and then we'll grab lunch and head over the the ENT's office. His tubes have come out of his ears and the holes don't seem to want to close up on their own. So, we'll see what the doctor has in store for us.

Love one another!~Yvonne

No comments: