Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A day of doctors...

We saw Kevin's ortho today and he agrees that he must have a spinal fluid leak; somewhere where his original back surgery was done.

Tomorrow morning around 8:30 or 9:00 he will be having another surgery to try and find the leak and repair it. I pray that it is clear to the doctor where the leak is and that there will be no complications from this surgery.

Some other moms at co-op had me pretty nervous about staph infections! Oy! Not pretty stories!

Joshua's still the same, but if his cough gets worse tomorrow I have been given a prescription to take him to the downtown Cook's for a Pertussis test (aka Whooping Cough)! She says there is quite an outbreak in our area of it and that his beginning symptoms fit. It is highly contagious, so I am to keep him away from others until we are sure that it's not Pertussis.

Joshua has been vaccinated, in the last two months, for Pertussis. The doctor says that you can still get it even if you have been vaccinated. Why vaccinate then? I don't understand? I just pray that is not what it is.

I am to continue to give him breathing treatments, as many as every 4 hours, if needed. His respiration's do go up after the treatments; so they are helping some. I will have to get a picture of him wearing the mask during the treatment. He looks so pitiful!

Kevin's mom will be spending the day with him at the hospital so that I can drop Caylee off at co-op and keep Pooh Bear away from the general public.

Keep praying! Your prayers are such a comfort to us during this time, and we know that our God is bigger than than any of this!

Psalm 124:8 (English Standard Version)


8(A) Our help is in the name of the LORD,
who made heaven and earth.



I will update more tomorrow and I pray it's good news for everyone! :-)

Love one another!~Yvonne

No comments: