Sunday, August 17, 2008

Joshua...

Ashley's mom, Jennifer, told me the way that she got her little one to go from a bottle to a sippy cup; first you give the bottle and get their sucker going and then quickly switch it out for the sippy cup. Well...she is a genius! I tried it with Joshua today and lo' and behold he DID IT!!!! I was amazed and thrilled and so proud of him! He would not take the cup later on until I did the trick again, so I think it will take a few days for him to get used to the feel of the harder spout in his mouth and for his mouth to remember what to do, but he is doing it by golly! Boy will it be so cool to not have to use the baby bottles any longer!

On a more serious note; Joshua had a coughing spell for quite a while today that sounded just like my asthma attacks do. I took him over to my sister's house to use Eli's nebulizer on him with the asthma meds in it, and he did much better after that. I will see how he does tomorrow, and if he needs another treatment I'll be taking him into the peds office on Monday.

Love one another!~Yvonne

No comments: